Monday, May 27, 2013

The Chance

 The Chance By Karen Kingsbury


Now for a change of pace...it has been a long time since I have read this author.  Years ago, I read her series about the Baxter family and found it to be heart-warming and uplifting in many ways.  Yet I grew tired after a while of her stories-just too predictable.  Kingsbury's books always have Christian values at the heart of the story.  This book is no exception.  It tells the story of two teenagers-she an aspiring author, he a basketball star.  They part ways due to her fractured family, but agree to meet in eleven years at a certain date and location.  Years pass.  One finds success, the other,  many heartaches and failures.  I won't tell you who finds what!  Add in other characters in the family  who have their own issues that become an integral part of the story.  I read this book in one day.  Not one of my favorites, but if you want a feel-good book, this could be it.   It does emphasize that hope springs eternal and maybe, just maybe, good things really do happen to good people.

No comments:

Post a Comment